It’s a community potluck and party at
Jefferson Square Park (7th Street Btwn Jefferson & MLK)!
Help us rededicate Jefferson Square Park and celebrate Oakland’s newest dog play area, basketball court and tot lot!
Co-Sponsored by: Councilmember Nancy Nadel, Oakland Parks and Recreation, the Oakland Redevelopment Agency, Old Oakland Neighbors, Oakland Dog Owners Group (ODOG), Garden Hortica, MOCHA, FourSquare EastBay and 10,000 Steps.
Join us for a
– Neighborhood Pot Luck
– Community 4Square Game by FourSquare EastBay
– Basketball Exhibition by Henry Boone & Roy Byrd
– Children’s activities
– Plant exchange hosted by Garden Hortica
– Dog Parade coordinated by ODOG (pre-register your pet for free here: eatplaybark-OON.eventbrite.com)
What to Bring:
– Yourself, your family, your neighbors, and your dog
– A food dish to share
– Plants or cuttings to share/swap
– Lawn chairs, if you have them
EAT – PLAY – BARK @ Jefferson Square Park!
|Saturday, November 20, 2010|
|11am – 2pm|
|Jefferson Square Park|
|7th Street between Jefferson & MLK|
|Old Oakland, CA|
* in case of rain, date change will be Saturday, December 4 from 11-2pm
This is a community and volunteer led event, with in-kind support from the City of Oakland, so please let us know if you’re interested in volunteering by emailing email@example.com. We will need help with setup, hosting duties during the event, and cleanup. More details to follow…
Film Screening :: 10,000 Steps Oakland: A Profile of 4 Squares :: Sat Nov 20, 6-10pm
The evening event, sponsored by 10,000 Steps, a collaborative project about the people and culture of Oakland’s downtown historical parks, will include two inspiring films by Oakland filmmakers. Members of the community, the filmmakers and the 10,000 Steps team will be on hand for a lively discussion! at La Borinquena (582 7th St @ Jefferson)